Welcome, help us build the Operation Freedom Memorial by making a donation or reserving a memorial paving stone today!
Our mission is to construct a memorial in Veterans Memorial Park Wichita, KS.
The memorial will be:
Dedicated in memory of the Kansas men and women of the United States Armed Forces who sacrificed their lives in the terrorist attack on the Pentagon September 11, 2001 and during operations Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, New Dawn and other Acts of Terrorism.
And in sincere appreciation of all those who have served in the United States Armed Forces during the war on terrorism and for the service of any veteran past and/or currently serving.
Warner Brothers Recording Artist Charlie Worsham will perform live at Denim and Diamonds on Friday Night May 24th with KFDI to benefit
Operation Freedom Memorial. The concert is free, but we encourage a minimum $5.00 donation at the door. We'll have a guitar auction during the night to raise additional funds.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!
JOINING FORCES TO HELP KANSAS HONOR FLIGHT
- - - Enter NOW... to December 4, 2013 - - -
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!
DONATE $10.00 to KANSAS HONOR FLIGHT and receive a ticket for a drawing -
Your Choice Up To $25,000.00 MSRP on any FORD, LINCOLN, MERCURY, KIA OR TOYOTA PRODUCT
- Drawing December 11, 2013 -
If you haven't visited the OFM Kansas KIA web page for awhile be sure to take a look. OFM has searched the internet to compile
the most comprehensive list of Kansas KIA's from Desert Storm to now. Here you will find photos of every Kansas KIA since 1991 (except one) as well as rank, unit
served with, information on their death, military awards, obituary notice and/or biographical data. If anyone has any corrections or additional information please send
us an email. These are the veterans whose names will be inscribed on the Operation Freedom Memorial granite panels.
Hand made quilt for a double bed. Raffle tickets @ $2.00 a piece or 3 for $5.00.
Contact: Anita Dixon for tickets.
Memorial Design Details (Preliminary)
- Estimated project cost: $235,434.20
- Memorial to be placed roughly between the Vietnam War Memorial and the USS Wichita Memorial.
- Build new East-West sidewalk to connect the two existing North-South sidewalks (5' wide X 170' long).
- Locate memorial on south side of the new east-west sidewalk.
- Memorial to be accessed from a new connecting sidewalk from the new east-west sidewalk (skateboard / rollerblade prevention controlled access).
- 1 park bench to be located along the new east-west sidewalk near the memorial entrance. Park bench is anticipated to be a conventional steel-wood curved
- Memorial to be constructed on a 25 foot diameter concrete circle.
- Purchasable inscribed memorial solid granite paving stones to honor a veteran (6" x 10") to be placed inside the memorial circle.
- Black granite stone memorial panels to be located alongside the southeast edge of the circle facing roughly west (towards the Arkansas river overlooking
the USS Wichita Memorial and across the river to Exploration Place).
- Granite panels to consist of 3 panels set on top of an 8" high 17" wide granite base. Center panel 6.5' wide, 7’ tall, Left and Right panels roughly 4
½’ wide, height matching adjoining center panel and sloping down to the outside edges approximately 6 inches (nod to the Vietnam Wall). Left and Right
panels angled inward on the outside edges approximately 1 foot to conform to the concrete circle.
- Battlefield Cross to be located in the center of the memorial on a 5' diameter, 8 inch high concrete or stone raised dais.
- Kneeling Soldier facing the Battlefield Cross, also on the raised dais. Soldier to wear contemporary U.S. battle fatigues.
- No additional shrubbery to be installed around the Memorial.